TAMARIND STARCH POWDER|
Tamarind Seeds is a thing of much Splendor. Its Powder is widely used in Industrial Products, including Paper, Textile, Jute, Plywood and Food Industries.
Composition of tamarind starch powder
The yield of Tamarind starch Powder is about 51.47% of the weight of the seeds, the testa is 33.10% and the remaining percentage is moisture etc.
Tamarind starch Powder (TKP) is creamy white mixture of substances. In addition to polysaccharide (55-65%), Proteins (18-20%), Lipids (6-10%), Fiber, Fat and inorganic salts, it contains free sugars.
Besides D-Xylose, D-Galactose and D-Glucose2 which constitute the main
polysaccharide, the free sugar portion contains the L-Arabinese.
Tamarind starch Powder, when heated with water, forms thick viscous, colloidal dispersions, which yield strong transparent, elastic films on evaporation.
De-Fatted Tamarind starch Powder removes sticky appearances and lump formation. Removal of fat, facilitates finer granulation and improves color.
||Passing 100 Mesh 100%|
|:||Passing 200 Mesh 99%|
|Moisture||:||10 % Max|
|Ash Content||:||3 % Max|
|Fat Content||:||6 - 7 %|
|pH at 27 Deg. C (4% Solution)||:||7 % Max|
|Insoluble residue of 4% Paste||:||0.06 Max|
|Viscosity of 4% paste by Brooke|
Field Viscometer Spindle No. 4,
At 20 RPM at 25Deg. C
|:||Around 6000 CPS|
Applications of tamarind starch powder
- It is widely used as textile printing thickener.
- It has excellent penetration & fiber forming property. It is effectively used for sizing in dyeing & printing Industry.
- It is used as a sizing material in paper industry. It increases the tensile strength of paper and ensures regular distribution of pulp fiber.
- It is also used for sizing in jute yarn & cotton wraps.
- It is used as a binder in slurry explosive as a substitute for guar gum.
- It is very effectively used these days by oil drilling companies as Soil Stabilizer.
- It is used as a core binder in foundries.
- It is also used as an extender in plywood industries in UF glue.